Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Upcycled bedside tables

Caro17
Getting Established

Upcycled bedside tables

Recently upcycled my bedside tables. Unfortunately I didnt take a good "before" photo, but love the outcome. 

This was done with some undercoat & paint from bunnings. Then just glued the dowels on the drawer faces. 

afterafterbeforebefore

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Upcycled Bedside tables

Hi @Caro17,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is wonderful that you have joined and share your bedside table upcycle project with us. You'll find Workshop to be a great source of inspiration and advice on all things DIY and garden. Some of our members' projects make it into our Top Ideas D.I.Y. Projects page, you might find yours in there one day. 

You've done a great job and members will find your project inspirational. Can you take us through your process a bit more? Did you sand and then add undercoat? How many layers of paint did you need to use? 

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Caro17
Getting Established

Re: Upcycled Bedside tables

Thank you Katie :smile:

Yes I sanded the drawers first, then undercoated. I've used 2x layers of undercoat and 2x layers of paint. 

I got 30x12 mm 2.4m half round tassie oak moulding at bunnings, cut it to size, sanded and just used wood glue to stick them on.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects