Workshop
Ask a question

How to remove wardrobe wheels?

DIYbec1
Just Starting Out

How to remove wardrobe wheels?

Hello!  I'm trying to remove these wardrobe wheels so I can replace them as the wheels are all broken. I've undon the screws at the end but they still done come out. They seem to be an upside down hat shape but can't see how to get them out? 

Thanks

20240523_152508.jpg

20240523_152457.jpg

  

20240523_152549.jpg

20240523_152608.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: removing wardrobe wheels

Hello @DIYbec1 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about removing your wardrobe wheels.

I believe that the particular wheel assembly that you have was installed by sliding it into the bottom rail. This means that the bottom of the wardrobe frame must be taken apart to allow you to slide the old wheel assembly out. 

Once you have the wheel assembly removed, make sure to bring it to the store so that you can compare it to the Cowdroy Wheel Assembly sets available. One other option is to see if the wheel of the old set can be safely removed. If it can be removed, I suggest bringing the wheel to the store for comparison.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
DIYbec1
Just Starting Out

Ok Thankyou. I'm not sure it comes apart, but il have another look. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DIYbec1 

Have a good look at the end of the corner, there will probably be either screws or blind rivets holding the assembly together. 

If you run into disassembly issues, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects