Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

A little trick to joining synthetic grass

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

A little trick to joining synthetic grass

If you think this little trick seems obvious, you'd be surprised to hear how many people, including some installers I've told this to who had no idea!

The most important thing when joining your artificial grass is to obviously hide it as best as possible. Here's how to guarantee you won't see the join.

Cut the underside of your grass as close to the stitch/seam as possible, being careful not to cut into the stitches otherwise you'll find the grass will fall out of there. This ensures the grass fibres are as close together as possible, if not you'll certainly notice a gap in your grass at the join.

Then, when taping it together (Bunnings has a great product) make sure you dont get any of the grass fibres caught to the tape. Now just apply plenty of pressure to ensure a clean, strong adhesion - I used my hands and feet but when I was at Bunnings yesterday I didnt notice Tuff Turf have brought out a new tool which you may want to try. Although it wouldnt be too hard to come up with something yourself.

The left side of the photo show what you should do, the right shows what you should not do, ie. cut too far from the stitch. (Note: the top-right of the photo is fine)

join cut.jpg

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: A little trick to joining fake grass

Great tip!

Many thanks for sharing @ProjectPete.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects