Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard eko decking

vipulgoswami
Growing in Experience

Backyard eko decking

15896093419606476769171930020867.jpg

1589609360120340027270339334505.jpg

 its 4 mtr flat concrete and 4  mtr or nearly flat soil floor

Hi Guys, I don't have much knowledge about decking and without much handiman knowledge. I wants to build a eko deck in my alfresco and backyard, with the width 4.3 mtr and length 7.5 mtr, my question is is it easy to build deck by buying decking kit from Bunnings?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Backyard eko decking

Welcome to the Workshop community @vipulgoswami. It's fantastic to have you join us, I'd be happy to offer some advice.

Eko decking kits are perfect for someone without previous decking experience. The kits provide everything necessary to complete the project and can be delivered in kit form to your home. They are made in prefabricated sizes so with your custom measurements they might not match up with what you intend to build. The Good Times Eko-deck kits come in specific sizes and to cover your dimensions you would need to buy two kits which will then need to be adjusted to suit.

You will need to consider whether the supports provided are suitable for the application. The supports in the kits are 100mm low-level adjustable feet. If you can provide information on the type of ground and slope the deck will be placed on we can clarify if they will suit.

If you need further information about these kits or have any other questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

4 mtr of flat concrette and 4 mtr of flat soil

15896095047224830898706323741382.jpg

Hi

Does the kit also have screws and frames as well ??

Hi @vipulgoswami.

The supplied supports would be fine for the concreted area depending on how much height we have to work with to the door sill. For the sand area, you would need to swap them out for versions that you concrete into the ground.

The decks come with base frame kits and the fixings for them.

Mitchell

Hi Mich

Thanks for this great help, is it possible to get the frame and deck to be cut precisely based on dimentions i provide to bunnings, is there anyone i can call and discuss?

Thanks again,

Vipul

HI Mich,

Can Bunnings cut the material based on our requirements?

Regards,

Vipul

Hi @vipulgoswami.

The Good Times kits come from the manufacturer in the sizes mentioned. If you can allow me until tomorrow I will contact Good Times to ask that question for you.

Mitchell

Hi @MitchellMc 

That will be great help.

Regards,

Vipul Goswami

HI,

I also would like to build a bench at end of the deck, similar to the one in picture.

Regards,

Vipul Goswami8915a9273c5693237c1fc07ba6b44478.jpgbackyard-ideas-deck-bench-wood-with-planters.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects