Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can we put artificial grass over aggregate concrete?

Ceva
Getting Established

Can we put artificial grass over aggregate concrete?

Hi All
I am planning to put Artificial Grass on my Aggregate infront of my house and then some white pebbles with artificial grass in a garden bed  near to the retaining wall.

Any help would be highly appreciated..

Agrrigate Concrete.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can we put artificial grass over aggregate concrete

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @srinivasindra. It's great to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing artificial turf.

The short answer is that yes, you could install artificial turf over the aggregate if you wanted to. However, artificial turf is designed to be laid over permeable ground, like sand or soil. Here's the installation guide. Things to consider with laying the turf over a non-permeable surface would be that you might have water drainage issues, the turf will be hard underfoot, and you won't be able to use the turf pegs to hold it in position.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ceva
Getting Established

Hi MitchellMC

Thanks for responding to my query, cant we use any specific adhesive to stick the atrifical grass on the aggregate instead of pegs

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

You can certainly use a sythetic turf adhesive @Ceva. Please be aware that if you were to ever remove the turf, the adhesive would be extremely difficult to remove from the surface.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ceva
Getting Established

Thanks for your valuable inputs , certainly will think about it

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects