Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you D.I.Y. pave around your pool?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Can you D.I.Y. pave around your pool?

Pool.jpgWhether it’s around the pool, a pathway or even a patio area, laying paving is an achievable D.I.Y. project which is sure to have fantastic results.

The Bunnings Workshop guide on How to lay paving for a path goes into detail of the preparation steps involved.

Creating a compacted base for your pavers to be laid upon is essential for the success of the project. If you take advantage of our compactors for hire, creating this base will be a simple process.

Other options you might like to consider for around a pool are a low-level deck or tiling the area.

Bunnings shares popular projects from the Workshop community on Instagram and Facebook every Workshop Wednesday. This question was submitted by a Bunnings customer via Instagram.

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
minhnhat2504
Just Starting Out

Re: Can you D.I.Y. pave around your pool?

Thanks Micheal. This is really helpful

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @minhnhat2504. It's sensational to have you join us and wonderful to hear you found this helpful.

Do you have a pool paving project in the works? Our knowledgeable members will all be keen to assist with providing advice and answering any questions you might have. Feel free to start a discussion if you need assistance or would like to share the project with us.

I'll be looking forward to hearing all about your projects and plans around the house and garden.

Mitchell

We paved our pool surround ourselves. It was extremely easy and the initial prep work was probably the most time consuming. However,  we were really pleased with the end result and was heaps cheaper than using a landscaper. 

1856D0F5-C79F-47CD-8AE2-4276569A103B.jpeg

6B8CECF5-28C9-43E0-8C0E-081DD18B6E35.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

With a stunning result like that @Jesse1, I trust you'll be inspiring all our members to give it a go themselves!

Do you have any tips or tricks, things you would have done differently, or real successes you could share about your project? I recently did a small amount of paving for my three council bins to sit on. I can say that I am happy I spent the time levelling the ground before bedding the pavers in. As you mentioned, it was the most time-consuming part but ensured the results were acceptable.

Many thanks for sharing.

Mitchell

Jesse1
Having an Impact

As we didn’t want solid paving and used small river stone in between the pavers , it was just a matter of working out a comfortable step width between the pavers. Once the bedding sand was level, the job was quite straight forward. We’re very pleased we went with the stone/paver arrangement as it has proved a boon for draining away any spillage from grandchildren splashing water over the side! 

I’ve also uploaded a more up to date photo of our paint update on the Jack and Jill settings - it was a quick freshen up. We also painted our succulent pallet garden to give a little pop of summery colour. Again our plant choices around the pool are the indestructible varieties (grasses, agapanthus, crown of thorns and succulents). 

9CE8D44D-35CA-4D81-BEF5-B88CC98E6B09.jpeg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects