Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Can you recommend a power extension lead for lawnmover and blower?

NumeroUno
Cultivating a Following

Can you recommend a power extension lead for lawnmover and blower?

Hi All,

I have a 1200W electric lawn mower and 2400W blower/vacuum. I need a 25 to 30 metre extension lead, however I had to return an HPM lead (10amps) as it stopped working.

What do you recommend for these tools as I want to avoid an issue again. Do I need something with higher amps - although 15 to 20amps are difficult to find or very expensive. 

Thanks.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Can you recommend a power extension lead for lawnmover and blower?

Hi @NumeroUno,

I can't see any reason why a standard 10amp extension lead would stop working under those conditions. Perhaps it was just a faulty cord? There is no need for a 15amp or 20amp cord for those tools. Whist working in power gardening, I've sold thousands of 10amp extension cords to customers alongside their 2400W equipment. I can't recall anyone returning to say they've stopped working. I have had a few people with similar issues discover they'd tripped their circuit breaker whilst using tools. This wouldn't happen to be the case, would it?

I highly suspect there was just an issue with that particular cord. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
NumeroUno
Cultivating a Following

Thanks Michell. It was a question we were unsure about when I returned the faulty cord. I'll look for a 10amp replacement cord.

Please keep us updated @NumeroUno.

If the next one does the same thing, I'd like to troubleshoot the issue further with you.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects