Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Coaching White Board Table

leighmatt
Finding My Feet

Coaching White Board Table

Hi Everyone, 

Random one here. 
My son is right into his soccer coaching and is very keen to buy one of the following
https://www.tactictables.com/en/pro-120-football-magnetic

https://www.tactictables.com/en/club-160-football
Both expensive, i was thinking that either could be made through purchases of equipment from Bunnings for a much cheaper price.
Both are tables used as coaching resources

If anyone would have any advice, that'd be great. 

Cheerio 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Coaching White Board Table

Hi @leighmatt. Many thanks for your question, I'd be happy to give you some ideas.

I think you are spot on with the thought that they could be created yourself. If you decide on a specific design (tabletop or wall-mounted board) we can delve more deeply into how to construct it. Here are a few ideas that I have to help you get started.

Start with a Lifetime 4ft Bi-fold Blow Mould Trestle Table and scratch the surface up with Flexovit 100mm x 1m 120 Grit Timber Sandpaper Roll.

Cut a sheet of Australian Handyman Supplies 1200 x 600 x 0.55mm Galvabond Mini Sheet (This sheet is steel and magnets will stick to it) in half to suit the fold in the table and glue the two pieces to the top with Clear Liquid Nails.

Spray the sheet and top with a few coats of White Knight 310g Gloss Squirts Gloss Forest Green.

Use Boyle 1.5m x 45cm Self Adhesive Film White Gloss to cut out the field lines and adhere them to the sheet as per this picture I've taken.

I recently posted Create a kids magnet board which you might find helpful whilst building this project. You could follow what I did by creating a timber frame which slips over the tabletop similar to how my board slips over an old heater. I also used white contact over the metal sheet, but if you could find green I would suggest doing it all in contact.

If you would like further information or had questions, please let me know.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
leighmatt
Finding My Feet

Mitchell,

Thank you for your reply.. 

With your other post, would the white contact allow a white board marker to be used on it?

When you say scratch the trestle table up with the sand paper, how much are we talking here? 

Thank you again for your help 

@leighmatt,

There is a good chance whiteboard marker could be used on the contact, it would be worth doing a test to see.

When applying paint to a smooth plastic it is a good idea to add a key to the surface for the paint to bind and grab onto. Run over the area to be painted a couple of times with the sandpaper. You are looking to put minute scratch marks all over it and remove the ultra slickness of the surface.

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell 

Is it possible to have all this ready to pick up from a store? 

Everything except the self adhere film 

Thank you

Hi @leighmatt,

Most of those items that Mitch linked to are available for click and collect. 

Please make sure you have your local store set, then on each product's page on the Bunnings website underneath the price you will find details on where you can find the item in-store and if it is available for click and collect. 

Thanks,

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects