Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y. pergola

RhysSmith
Just Starting Out

D.I.Y. pergola

Since Christmas last year I have been starting to invest in the design and install of a DIY pergola structure, and soon to be Kwila decking.

You can see before hand it was a bit run down and not really suited to outdoor entertaining, so this is changing folks!

The pergola has been designed so later on i can install retractable blinds in the roof, while still having roof lighting and other features. The decking will be Kwila hardwood and have lighting around the edges. The project is constantly being improved and evolving so keep your eyes peeled.!20210130_170617.jpgBeforeBeforeOriginal equipment removedOriginal equipment removedPosts inPosts in20210101_164915.jpgPosts all done and securedPosts all done and securedBatons installedBatons installed20210403_155030.jpgBeing undercoatedBeing undercoatedHoles for decking postsHoles for decking posts20210605_162550.jpg20210612_134108.jpgJoists being installed.Joists being installed.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: D.I.Y. pergola

Hello @RhysSmith,

What an impressively built pergola. I can’t wait to see what it looks like once you’ve completed the pergola and installed the deck. Thank you for sharing your project with the Bunnings Workshop community.

I was wondering if you based your current pergola build from existing plans? It looks very complicated and more involved than the usual large beams you see on most pergola designs.

Since you've mentioned that your plans are improving and evolving, you might be interested to see our Top 10 most popular deck projects. I hope they provide you with ideas and inspiration. The photos you’ve provided are sure to inspire our community to have a go at their own D.I.Y pergola project. Thanks again for sharing.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects