Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Decking option

ron3alex
Cultivating a Following

Decking option

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I have got existing pavers for our pathway from one of the side of our house.

the existing pebbles were all messy with mix of mulch etc which has been removed now.

I have created a border with treated pine timber 70x35mm.

I need advise if it would be a good idea to do decking or use existing space to fill up with new pebbles ?

which would be cost effective ?

i haven’t done decking yet . So would need your advise regarding which decking to buy etc.

thanks heaps

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Decking option

Hi @ron3alex,

You could potentially build a deck over this area, though it looks like it would need to be raised. That will leave you with a step down onto the Pebblecrete at the end. Although you'll end up with a step down, I believe it could look quite sensational. The reason behind having to elevate the deck is that the treated pine used to build decks is only H3 rated and only suitable for above ground use, not on ground use. You should find this guide useful: How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W. You might also like to read through this recent discussion on a very low-lying deck. @Adam_W replied to it with some relevant information.

A bulk delivery of ANL 1T 20mm White NSW Western Pebble would be cheaper than building a deck. However, it won't look as spectacular.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects