Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Does Bunnings sell no VOC or low VOC Primer for bare wood?

Steve5
Having an Impact

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Does Bunnings sell no VOC or low VOC Primer for bare wood

Hi @Steve5,

Thank you for your question on low and no VOC primers.

I have not been able to find a primer that is low or no VOC that is kept in stock in our stores. The closest I have found is Zinsser 3.78L Bulls Eye Primer Undercoat Sealer And Stain Blocker which at 85g/L of VOCs sits in the moderate band as defined by CSIRO.

Rustoleum produce a zero VOC primer called Zinsser® Bulls Eye Zero™ which might be orderable as an off-range item from your local store's Special Orders desk. Unfortunately, as it is Saturday and Rustoleum's offices are closed, I am unable to call and confirm whether this is possible.

If you'd like me to contact them once their offices are reopened to make some enquiries, please let me know, I am more than happy to assist further.

Jacob

Steve5
Having an Impact

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for your email.  Yes, please check if Noosaville special orders can obtain the  Zinsser® Bulls Eye Zero™.  Can you also check how long it takes to get it?

Thanks

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Steve5,

I've reached out via private message to put you in touch with their Special Orders team.

In the interim, I have also found Zinsser 3.78L Smart Prime Undercoat which is a low VOC primer that is stocked at the Noosaville store.

Let me know what you think.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects