Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Electric Fence

justme1
Just Starting Out

Electric Fence

I am in the process of constructing an electric fence to keep my animals safe.

I require advice as to what I need to connect the electric tape to either:

1.   An outdoor electrical socket

2    A solar panel system

Thank you for any assistance that you may be able to give.

Justme1

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Electric Fence

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @justme1. It's tremendous to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

If you are using our electric fence products, then I can suggest what you'll need for the system. You will connect the O'Briens 100m x 40mm Electric Fencing Polytape to an O'Briens 135km Mains/Battery Electric Fencing Energizer for mains power. For a solar-powered fence, connect the tape to an O'Briens Electric Fencing Solar Energizer

There is also a battery option with the O'Briens 15 / 120 Electric Fence Battery Energiser, which is ideal for temporary or small fencing requirements.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell,

I am in the planning stage development for this fencing system.

The area is a little complicated as it has a few twists and turns -- existing posts on one side are wooden whilst on the other steel.

I will also require a couple of long steel droppers as a couple of the existing steel posts are not sufficiently high.

I want to put up a double strand -- on existing posts

2 areas where posts are not existing: I can use steel droppers here

Additionally, I have a large shelter where I need to fix an electrified gate across the opening entrance and

I wish to put up a "triangular electric gate" on the exercise area.

I will have to measure the whole area and count the number of existing wooden posts and the number of existing steel posts

Add the number of posts required for the other areas and then:

Measure the area/s for the  total amount of electric tape.

I don't think I have time to do this prior to the Xmas period, however if you could give me some firm prices on 40mm electric tape;

Compatible Insulators - per bag -- Wood and Steel

And the energiser for a solar system, I would be most grateful and then I can evaluate cost and place my order.

Thank you for responding to my enquiry so promptly, that is very kind of you.

Sincerely,

Natasha

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Natasha (@justme1),

The products available in-store are: 

Unfortunately, we do not carry a timber post insulator in store. You can, however, fit an O'Briens 1.075m White Electric Fencing Treadin Post next to the timber post.

Please let me know if you need further help or had questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects