Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Garden Shed .. Decking

ChrisRee
Finding My Feet

Garden Shed .. Decking

Advice needed re decking. Wanting to place 3m x 2m decking in front of Garden Shed.  What is best sustainably,  budget, effective and of course easy to either dyi or someone else to do.  About to have installed a 3x3x2.1m (Internal 10sqm) Garden Shed on a concrete base with a sliding glass door facing into the yard and windows at each end (facing rear and front yard).  Easy part someone else is doing. This will be an outdoor room for meditation/yoga/book nook

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden Shed .. Decking

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ChrisRee. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your questions.

There are many sustainable alternatives to choose from when constructing a deck. I can suggest you take a look at our Ekodeck Plus composite decking which is manufactured from over 90% reclaimed timber and recycled plastic. It is resistant to termites, rot, decay, mould and mildew and it also does not require oiling or painting. 

Our supplier Goodtimes also provides some modular decking solutions utilising Ekodeck which could also be worth considering as they are easy to D.I.Y.

You might be interested in a few previous discussions on this topic:

You should find this step-by-step guide helpful: How to lay Ekodeck. You might also like to check out How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W

Our most budget-friendly option would be ACQ treated pine decking and its look can be enhanced with our range of decking stain and oils.

Please let me know if you need further information or have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects