Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Glass Art

Diamondee
Getting Established

Glass Art

Hello everyone,

I am going to try to do some glass art.mainly glass flowers and bird baths.I have a question and would like to know a suggestion for a silicon or outdoor glue to use as I will be placing items in the garden so the adhesive needs to be uv resistant. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Glass Art

Hi there @Diamondee,

Sounds like a wonderful project. Good for you! We are looking forward to seeing your creations. Let me tag @Mammasalt for you as she has some great mosaic experience that I'm sure would be applicable. 

Welcome to Workshop and please feel free to post anytime you need assistance with a project around the house and garden. We trust that you'll get loads of helpful information, advice and inspiration from other members. The community is posting amazing stuff every day around here! And please let me know if you ever need help getting the most from the site or have any feedback about how we can improve Workshop for you.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Mammasalt
Building a Reputation

Re: Glass Art

Hi Diamond,
I use the ‘external’ glue you get from Bunnings, play with it a little bit before you do your piece. One has a ‘expandafoam’ reaction to it the other is a liquid that you only need to use a very small amount of. I just googled it, Shelley’s Aquahere.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects