Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hidden pool pump and filter

ProjectPete
Kind of a Big Deal

Hidden pool pump and filter

I'm writing about my custom pool design in a separate post but felt this aspect needs a specific post for itself. I want to hide my pool pump (1.5hp) and cartridge filter, and I want to hide it underground. I'm hoping others have done this or at least have some considerations/advice for me.

The deep end of the pool will be set 1m in from the side fence and I plan to build an enclosure like in the pic below which will be approx 0.25-0.35m above the water level and act as the wall of the pool. It'll have varying depths for the pump and filter to make access/servicing as efficient as possible. 1m of space in the enclosure is enough for me to fit in and work on the pump/filter for 'repairs' while general maintenance will be easy to do from the surface. It'll also act as a platform for jumping in.

pumpfilter enclosure.jpg

A question I have is around air flow for the pump - how much does it need? Given the lid/top with be a wooden slatted finish (on hinges), will this allow enough air flow?

TIA

----------
Handy and helpful
Instagram @projectpete.diy @at.home.rosehill @kayudesignco @aspirebamboo

Re: Hidden/underground pool pump and filter

Hi @ProjectPete,

Hope all is well.

Do you have a finished photo of this popular project? It would be great to feature it.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects