Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Hooks for hanging chair or swing in car port

sophiek77
Getting Established

Hooks for hanging chair or swing in car port

Hi - looking for ways to install a swing or egg chair to steel car port beams. I saw this random Google image that would be ideal but unsure if Bunnings has something similar.  Thanks!

Capture.JPG

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Hooks for hanging chair or swing in car port

Hi @sophiek77,

There are several U-bolts that you could potentially use in combination with a Swing Slide Climb Ductile Swing Hanger. That would give you a similar result to your picture.

If it didn't compromise the integrity of the beam, then you could drill through it and install a couple of Zenith 8mm Stainless Steel Snap Link Bolt Swivels. That would be a neat solution.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

This is so helpful.  Thank you!  For the snap link bolt swivel there is a working load limit of 80kg.  Is that for the one bolt, yes?  If I was to use two, that then would be strong enough for up to 160kg?  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @sophiek77,

That's for the one bolt, and with two, it would hold roughly 160kg. However, you will always be putting more load on one hanger than the other. Instead, you could use eye bolts and shackles, which would be a more robust solution.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects