Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How best to install basic channel drainage?

jbs1
Growing in Experience

How best to install basic channel drainage?

Hi All, I've got a house with inexplicably no drainage down the high-side of the property, so that when it rains the water runs straight off the side-path pavers under the house (pier and beam setup), leading to a muddy river that runs through to the side path on the other side of the house.

I'm taking a temporary-fix approach and am going to install some basic channel gutters (https://www.bunnings.com.au/everhard-100mm-x-1m-black-easydrain-polymer-channel-and-grate_p4770206) and was just keen to get any tips or traps for new players that anyone might be keen to share - I don't have any experience in drainage, so even though it's a pretty basic task I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions!

Cheers,

Jim

Re: How best to install basic channel drainage?

Hello @Lc2034 

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. The item your after is currently not stocked by Bunnings and is available at third party suppliers. I suggested it as a diy project and make your own open channel spoon drains. They are easy enough to make and you can custom make your own!

Cheers,

Red

I am a Bunnings team member. Any opinions or recommendations shared here are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Bunnings. Visit the Bunnings website for assistance from the customer service team.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects