Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How can I fix this pipe misalignment?

ppp
Having an Impact

How can I fix this pipe misalignment?

This new house and since handover got this issue. It is storm water pipe. Out of warranty so can't ask builder.

How can I fix that gap ?

Thanks 

16741158598135082677502397833270.jpg

16741159302592435704633638874362.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how can I fix this pipe misalignment

Hi @ppp

I suggest having a look at the Holman 90mm PVC Stormwater Slip Coupling to increase the height of the bottom part of your stormwater drain. It is a much easier exercise rather than changing the angle of your rectangular downpipe. The general steps are to cut in the middle of the round downpipe and place slip coupling in between them. 

Remove at least two of the rectangular pipe clips so that you can move the downpipe and line it up with the storm drain. Slip the rectangular adapter into the rectangular downpipe. Adjust the slip coupling to make sure that both sides have enough pipe surface contact before applying the Protek 500ml Type N Clear PVC Cement For Non-Pressure Pipes. Once everything has been reconnected drill new holes for the new position of the pipe clips.  

I've placed some images below to give you an idea of how to repair the assembly.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
ppp
Having an Impact

Re: how can I fix this pipe misalignment

Thank You Eric. You were awesome :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects