Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I attach Vinidex 100mm StormFlex Pipe to Rain Harvesting 90 / 100mm Leaf Catcha?

Max_E
Just Starting Out

How do I attach Vinidex 100mm StormFlex Pipe to Rain Harvesting 90 / 100mm Leaf Catcha?

I currently have my gutter emptying into a "Rain Harvesting 90 / 100mm Dual Fit Leaf Catcha Rectangle Rain Head" which is connected to the wall.

How do I attach a "Vinidex 100mm StormFlex Pipe" so I can divert the water from the leaf catcha through the pipe, down the wall to the ground?

I don't want to use rigid PVC pipe.

Does the end of the pipe need to be glued into the leaf catcha with something? Or is another attachment needed?

Thanks!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I attach Vinidex 100mm StormFlex Pipe to Rain Harvesting 90 / 100mm Leaf Catcha?

Hello @Max_E 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about attaching StormFlex to your Leaf Catcher.

I suggest using a Vinidex 100 x 90mm Stormflex Agi Pipe Adaptor in combination with Protek 250ml Type N Clear PVC Cement For Non Pressure Pipes. The technique is to rough up the pipe surface of the leaf catcher and the interior part of the StormFlex adaptor with sandpaper. The shiny wax surface must be removed before applying the PVC adhesive.

I've placed a sample sketch below to give you an idea of how they will go together. Oce assembled, I also recommend drilling into the side of the adapter and putting in an Otter 10 x 16mm Undercut Stainless Steel 304 Hinge Screws. This is to prevent the adapter and the Stormflex from being pulled out just in case there is a strong deluge of rain.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Max_E
Just Starting Out

Re: How do I attach Vinidex 100mm StormFlex Pipe to Rain Harvesting 90 / 100mm Leaf Catcha?

16947391908122250668410009901552.jpg

Hi Eric, thanks for your reply, however I'm not sure how the adaptor you directed me to is attached to the leaf catcha.

The 100mm side of the adaptor connects to the stormflex pipe fine, but the other side is the exact same size as the leaf catcha. Please see pics attached. I would have thought the adaptor sits within the catcha, not atop it?

16947389205363006032663112042991.jpg

16947389747876148503994457171735.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Max_E 

My apologies for missing a step. In order to connect the adapter to the leaf catcher, I suggest cutting a length of 100mm off your 90mm down pipe. This piece that you've cut will fit in between the catcher and the adapter. It's important the cut pipe is centred between the two joining pieces. Please make sure to be generous with the adhesive so that they will not pull out.

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects