Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How much concrete mix is required?

PeteB8
Just Starting Out

How much concrete mix is required?

How much concrete mix or number of 20kg bags is required to cover an area of  2m long x 150mm deep x 400mm wide.

J-TAC
Finding My Feet

Re: how much concrete mix is required

Here is a link for a concrete calculator that will do that for you, hope it helps

https://www.calculator.net/concrete-calculator.html

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @PeteB8. It's sensational that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about the number of concrete mix bags you'll need for your slab.

I apologise as I read your measurements incorrectly. I've now edited my response below to reflect the correct amount.

It's fantastic to see you've already received a helpful reply from @J-TAC. Here's another calculator from one of our suppliers using purely metric units. You'll require 14 x 20kg bags of concrete.

We look forward to hearing more about your concrete slab project. Please let us know if you have further questions or need assistance.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

how many bags of cement , sand and stones if mixing from scratch

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mike57. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question about mixing concrete.

The normal ratio for concrete is 1 part cement, 2 parts sand, and 3 parts gravel. So, for every bag of cement you'd need, you'll use two bags of sand and three bags of gravel.

What sort of project are you working on?

Please let us know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects