Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to apply deck cleaner?

Kdn
Just Starting Out

How to apply deck cleaner?

Hi, what's the best way to apply deck cleaning solution, I mixed it in a bucket and tried to use my deck broom but it doesn't hold any liquid, ended up pouring from the bucket and wasting half of it. I don't have a bottle for my pressure washer either, if that's the best way I could get one if there is one that fits, I have the Ozito 1800w pressure washer. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to apply deck cleaner

Hello @Kdn 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about cleaning your deck.

The key to spreading the cleaning liquid is to soak the brush head and lift it immediately to the deck. Do not let the brush head drain out. I suggest using Oates Long Handle Deck Scrub Brush to clean the deck. One other method is to use a small cup to spread the cleaning liquid on the deck. I don't advise tipping the bucket or it will all go to waste.

Please remember that the deck must be soaking wet from the first power wash before you apply the cleaning solution. If the deck is too dry, the solution will not spread very far. Several applications will be necessary to cover the entire deck. Remember to follow the recommended sitting time for the solution on the deck before washing it off.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects