Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean a stained pebbled driveway?

Jolly181
Building a Reputation

How to clean a stained pebbled driveway?

Hi All...

Our pebbled driveway has become stained, just under the gutter over the garage. 

We have tried using our Kaacher, but it does not remove all the stain,

So, I was hoping that someone might have a suggestion as to what I can use in combination with the Kaacher

to remove these stains and clean the driveway up..!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Julius20211012_104732.jpg20211012_104721.jpg20211012_104714.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean a stained pebbled driveway?

Hi @Jolly181

I suspect that your gutter is producing rust particles that are being deposited onto your driveway. I suggest using CLR 1L Calcium Lime Rust Remover. I recommend testing a small area first in combination with an Oates Compact Deck Scrub Brush. Because you've used your Karcher Pressure Washer it is safe to conclude that the stain has bonded with the cement. Your next step is to try and use chemical cleaners to remove the stain. Please make sure to read the back of the bottle as CLR is a concentrated cleaner.

Another item you can inspect is the gutter itself. The paint or protective coating that is on it might have worn out due to time and weather. Perhaps a new coat of paint will have to be applied to slow down the rust deposits on your gutter. Please take all safety precautions when working at height, even if you're just having a look at the gutter.

If you need more advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jolly181
Building a Reputation

Re: How to clean a stained pebbled driveway?

@EricL  Thanks Eric, I will check it all out and get back to you..!!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects