Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean clay off white stone pavers?

mhiggins015
Just Starting Out

How to clean clay off white stone pavers?

image.jpg

Installed white stone pavers and we live in an area that has clay soil which has stained the white pavers. 

Have tried jet washing with Kärcher and the Kärcher outdoor detergent as well as bleach and water solution but will not budget them. Any suggestions on how to remove?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean clay off white stone pavers?

Hello @mhiggins015 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your pavers.

I'm afraid the clay has entered the pores of the pavers. I suggest using very hot water in combination with detergent and a bristle brush. Hopefully the hot water will melt the clay surface and get carried away by the detergent. You can also try using a wet and dry vacuum to try and suck the clay off the surface of the paver.

If you are successful, I suggest sealing the paver to prevent clay from entering the surface.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Unfortunately I tried this but with no luck… any other options I can try?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @mhiggins015 

I think it's time to call in the professionals. The next level of cleaning is by using strong chemicals and I recommend letting the professional trades handle this. They will have the knowledge and experience in handling the chemicals and they will also get rid of it safely.

Let me call on our experienced members @prettyliving, @lifestylebymari and @Peggers for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects