Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean mould from pavers?

jacky52
Finding My Feet

How to clean mould from pavers?

Hi I've tried cleaning mould off my pavers with white vinegar and sugar soap leaving it for a few hours and pressure washing off. It has left spots of mould residue. What's the most effective wat to remove these thank you  

Jacky

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean mould from pavers?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @jacky52. It's wonderful that you've joined us and many thanks for your question about cleaning pavers.

Often, mould works its way into the porous surface of the pavers, and a pressure washer is not enough on its own to remove all the traces. I'd suggest you use a product specifically designed to remove lichen, moss, algae and mould like Step Spray And Walk Away. You don't need to use a stiff bristle brush, but I would certainly recommend it, especially since it's already been stubborn to remove.

Failing this product working, you could consider bleach or chlorine or acid. Do not use a combination of them at the same time. Obviously, appropriate PPE gear should be worn whilst using them, and it's best to avoid chemicals of this nature if possible.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
jacky52
Finding My Feet

Hi Mitchell

Thank you for your advice. I will definitely give it a try and let you know how it  goes.

FrankGordo
Finding My Feet

Hey Jacky, I recently moved into a house with this problem and as a cheap solution you can buy a cheap pump spray bottle from bunnings for around $10 and buy some cheap liquid chlorine from the pool section of bunnings, mix this in a 60/40 water/chlorine ratio, spray onto the pavers, leave it there for several hours to soak in and then hose it off (it also kills all weeds which is great to!) but be careful because it would certainly kill any plants so only use this method if its a fully paved area and doesn't join on to any lawn or plants

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @FrankGordo. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for jumping into the discussion.

Let me mention @jacky52, so they are alerted to your suggestion. It's great to see you are sharing a method that's been successful.

We look forward to hearing more about all the projects and plans you have going on around your house and garden. Please feel free to let us know anytime you need assistance or have something to share with the community.

Great to have you on board.

Mitchell

Hello Mitchell

Thank you for your advice. 

I have concrete square outdoor tiles that also have dark mildew/mould effect. 

Thanks for suggesting the product Step Spray and Walk away. 

How does this product compare to "30 Seconds 5L Outdoor Cleaner Concentrate"?

Can you also recommend a concrete pavers sealer? 

Thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Evuong,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're really happy to have you join us.

Apologies for the slow reply. Mitch has had to take some unexpected leave. Our other resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert in @EricL will be back online later today and happy to help.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Jason

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Evuong 

Thanks for sharing your question about the mould cleaner. 

The "30 Seconds" is part of the product name " Spray and Walk Away" this is one product. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects