Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to cover asbestos exterior walls?

larahall
Just Starting Out

How to cover asbestos exterior walls?

I bought a house. The exterior walls  are asbestos. What can I do to improve it by covering it up.

Im replacing the roof at an exorbitant price and dont have the cash to replace the exterior walls. I'll be happy to just do the front of the house.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: cover asbestos

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @larahall. It's a pleasure to have you join us, and many thanks for your question.

You'll find some helpful information in this guide: Asbestos for households and the general public. You'll also find this factsheet useful. Within it, they suggest sealing the asbestos with good quality exterior paint. I need to strongly advise you not to take risks with asbestos to save money. Your health and the health of others around you is paramount. You must wear appropriate PPE whilst working with asbestos, and this includes disposable overalls and shoe coverings, gloves, and a class P1 or P2 disposable respirator appropriate for asbestos.

For further information, see the bottom of the guide linked above. There are several contact numbers where you can get assistance and advice on dealing with asbestos.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects