Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fill masonry anchor holes in brick?

Unfortunate
Finding My Feet

How to fill masonry anchor holes in brick?

Hi all,

Any advice on what product would be suitable to fill in holes left in brick?

I am taking down a fold-down clothesline that has been fixed into the brick wall. Once removed it will leave behind some small holes that I'd like to fill in so it is weather protected and less unsightly. 

Selley's Brick and Mortar Gap Filler looks like it may be suitable however the holes are in the actual brick, not the mortar - so I am very unsure. Would something like this need a different type of sealant on top?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - I'm a complete novice but willing to have a crack at it!

Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fill masonry anchor holes in brick?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Unfortunate. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about filling holes in bricks.

Selley's brick and mortar gap filler would be perfect. There's no reason why you can't use it on the bricks as well. Was there a colour that matched your bricks reasonable well? If so, fantastic; otherwise, let me know, and I'll see if we can find something more suitable.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much for your help! @MitchellMc 

Had a crack at it over the weekend and I think it turned out well enough :smile:

377ee767-2dfe-48f8-8136-ec5a8bf8977c.jpg

Thanks again!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Unfortunate

Thank you very much for the update. Those masonry anchor holes look very nicely repaired. Please make sure to check up on them after a few weeks. Should any settling occur simply top up the patch so that it's nice and flat. This will prevent rainwater from pooling in the patch and prevent mould from taking hold.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects