Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix Hebel render?

Janikage
Just Starting Out

How to fix Hebel render?

Would like to fix the hebel render. Paint is bubbling and coming off. Really small to repair so hoping will be straight forward.

I have the paint but not sure what to use for the sand texture.

I think my builder used Dulux Acratex sand.

Repair area is small 50mm W x 50mm H

F64FDC87-7DB8-44E1-9E5E-DE49A7E55C69.jpeg

StevieB
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to fix Hebel render?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Janikage. It's fantastic to have you join us.

Let me tag @Brad and @marikaknows to see if they can share any thoughts. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL will also be happy to help when he's back on the site on Friday.

Look forward to hearing about any projects you have planned around the house and garden.

Stevie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Brad
Kind of a Big Deal

If you have the colour right to match.

Find a small brush with preferable stiff natural bristles.

Dip the brush in your freshly painted wall and pull it back out, that should give you a pattern.

You might have to have a few tries to get the pattern right and posibly hold the brush on an angle.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Janikage

Thank you for sharing your question about how to fix Hebel render.

It's great that you've received excellent advice from @Brad. I recommend using a 100mm Sharp Edge Paint Scraper to remove the paint that has bubbled. Once you've removed the paint, give the area a good clean with a stiff brush. If you still have some of the Dulux 10L Fine Texture Exterior Paint, make sure to stir it very well to get the sand texture to mix with the paint. Using Brad's recommendation, use a stiff brush to paint the texture onto your Hebel block. I recommend painting it around noon when all the humidity in the Hebel block has been dried out. Please keep us updated, we look forward to seeing your Hebel wall repaired.

If you require further assistance with this repair, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects