Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix damaged letterbox?

Laurenmc
Finding My Feet

How to fix damaged letterbox?

69C9E673-2870-4266-ACF0-151EC5B07CBC.jpeg

Hey there! My letterbox was damaged and needs to be patched and painted over. It looks like the inside is made of styrofoam of some kind. What materials will I need to patch and paint the letterbox to fix the damage? Thank you! 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix damaged letterbox?

Hello @Laurenmc

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your letterbox.

In order to repair the damage on your letterbox, I suggest using Turbo 175ml Builders Bog Flexipack in combination with Pro Renovator 38mm Plastic Scraper. First remove any loose or damaged parts that are still attached to your letter box. 

Next, use the Builders Bog to fill the gap and use the plastic scraper to mould it into shape. It's important that you don't add too much activator to the mix, or the bog will harden quickly, and you won't have time to shape it properly. 

Fill the gap into the same shape as the corner of the letterbox. Don't overfill it so that you won't have to struggle when sanding it down. Once it is smooth and in the correct shape, wipe the surface off with a damp rag to remove all the dust in the repair area before painting the damage.

I propose having a look at the Dulux 300g Duramax Light Grey Granite Effect Spray Paint to spray over the damaged area. 

Please make sure to use personal protection such as gloves, goggles and a mask when working on your repair job.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to fix damaged letterbox?

Thank you so much @EricL !! I really appreciate your help with this. :smile: 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects