Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to get the BBQ outlet flowing

Hoang
Getting Established

How to get the BBQ outlet flowing

Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my BBQ to work but one of the outlet seems blocked. Gas flows on one side when I turn the knob but the other side does not.

Is there any way to unblock the gas outlet?

Thank you

IMG_1351.JPGIMG_1349.JPG

Hoang
Getting Established

Re: BBQ outlet not flowing

Also, I have been trying to upload a photo but I keep getting an "invalid HTML" error.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to get the BBQ outlet flowing

Apologies for the issue uploading a photo @Hoang. I assume you are on iPad? We are aware of the issue and a fix is being worked on. Feel free to send us a photo via email to workshop@bunnings.com.au and we can add it to your post. 

@MitchellMc will be able to provide some assistance with your barbecue as soon as possible. 

Stay safe,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Hoang
Getting Established

Dear Jason, 

Thank you for the quick response.

I have sent an email with the photos.

Regards,

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Hoang,

Those are considered gas fittings even though they are on a bbq, and a licensed gas fitter is required for their installation and removal. I could only advise that you try cleaning out the jet with some fine wire as it sometimes gets blocked with rust. Other than that, be extremely careful what you do as a leak in the wrong place could be catastrophic. Your life and the lives of those around you are not worth risking. It would be my advice to stop what you are doing and employ the services of a licensed gas fitting or buy a new BBQ.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects