Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang a hammock chair?

Cactuskay
Finding My Feet

How to hang a hammock chair?

I have purchased a hammock chair and would like to hang from the pergola rafters on the outside deck.  The chair has a single loop to anchor it, but I am struggling to find the recommended items, eg a large eye screw to suspend the chair from. 

Any other ideas of the best way to hang it and how to navigate the Bunnings website to find what I need?  Someone suggested using a boxing bag chain kit, I'm just not sure it would take the required weight. Or do I just tie it up with a rope?

chair hook.jpgchair.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hang a hammock chair?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Cactuskay. It's sensational that you've joined us, and many thanks for your question about hanging hammocks.

A couple of options I can think of would be the Swing Slide Climb Swing Hook or Zenith Zinc Plated Hammock Hook With Plate. The first option would be best if your beam is 120mm or less.

I presume that the chair will be too high if it is hooked directly onto the beam. You could use a chain looped around the beam or attached to the hooks, which extends down to the level at which the chair needs to be attached. A Zenith 10mm Zinc Plated Quick Link Triangle can attach the chain end/s to the chair mounting loop. I'd recommend you wrap the chain with cotton rope to improve its aesthetics.

Please let me know if you think that will work or if you have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you Mitchell, I will let you know how I go. I really appreciate the advice.

8537544B-CBE7-422C-BE6C-0E02BD0E3B6F.jpeg

I got it up, had way too much chain but hard when you can’t order by the metre through click and collect so had to order pre-cut lengths. My son is happy it is finally up, thank you for your help.

Fantastic work, @Cactuskay. That looks amazing!

I'm sure it will be a pleasant place to chill out with a book.

Many thanks for sharing your results, and please let us know anytime you need assistance with a project around your home and garden.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects