Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to hang an external blind on a brick surface

nthom58
Finding My Feet

How to hang an external blind on a brick surface

Hi, I am about to add an external roller blind on to a brick surface surrounding a window. Could you please tell me what type and size plug and corresponding drill I need. Thanks in advance

Norm

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to hang an external blind on a brick surface

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @nthom58. It's great to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

Our helpful members will need some more information to provide some great advice. Was there a specific product you could link us to that you have or were going to purchase? Each type of external roller blind is likely to have a different recommendation as to the fixings required and there is no generic size we could recommend. The blinds will provide information about the fixings to be used in their installation instructions.

We look forward to hearing more about your product selection and providing an answer to your questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

HI, thanks for the reply. I would like to install ,from Bunnings, a Windoware 2.1m Outdoor roll up blind  - 2.1m  x  2.1m  . This will be installed onto bricks surrounding the window.

Thanks

Norm

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

@nthom58,

I'll need to contact the manufacturer after the weekend to ascertain what sized Dynabolt would suit the included brackets. I'll update you as soon as I have an answer.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchel

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi Norm (@nthom58),

Many thanks for your patience.

I've spoken to the supplier and the kit comes with screws and wallplugs to install the blind onto a masonry wall.  The supplier has informed me that the plugs are 6mm and a Kango 6 x 100mm Straight Shank Masonry Bit is the correct drill bit for them. Please have a team member instore check the included wall plug and verify this is correct when picking up the drill bit. Alternatively, you can purchase a STAHL Masonry Kit 6mm Drill With 35mm Red Wall Plugs which includes longer screws and everything you'll need.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks Michell. I am very gratefull for your help. Much appreciated.

Norm

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects