Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install PVC blinds to outdoor patio?

harshaGowda
Just Starting Out

How to install PVC blinds to outdoor patio?

Hi Team,

I want to install Outdoor PVC blinds to my outdoor patio.

I want to know if I should go with 1 3000x2400  and 1 2000x2400 and joing them with joiners.

Or Should i go with two 1800x2400 and one 1200x2400 with a 10 cm joiner.

I have attached the photo, could you please suggest what's best  ? and what measurement joiners do I need ?

Regards

Harsha Gowdafront enclosure (1).png

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install PVC blinds to outdoor patio?

Hello @harshaGowda 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about installing Bistro blinds.

I vote to go with the two Bistro Blinds 180 x 240cm 0.75mm Clear With Black Trim PVC Outdoor Bistro Blind and a single Bistro Blinds 120 x 240cm 0.75mm Clear With Black Trim PVC Outdoor Bistro Blind. I suggest getting two of the Bistro Blinds 10 x 240cm Clear Outdoor Bistro Blind Zip Joiner to join the blinds together.

The advantage of having smaller sections is that you have better control which side opens.  Should one of sections get damaged, you only need to replace one side and not the entire assembly. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Good Evening @harshaGowda 

I have looked at PVC blinds for years for my deck, tho have never bought them (Always wanted to :smile: ). I do like @EricL's suggestion as the joins of the blinds will line up with the posts giving a more streamlined look. I also think that if one of the screens breaks or develops a fault then you dont loose a huge width in one go and the cost for a replacement part will be less.

Dave

Nailbag
Becoming a Leader

Hi @harshaGowda I'm in the same camp as both @EricL and @Dave-1 Baring in mind the internal space potentially could get quite warm so, having the 3 blinds will provide the extra option to control how much protection you need at anyone time. And a much cleaner finish using the zipped joiner.

Depending on the fixings for the blinds, you might need to fit a trimmer timber between the posts fixed to the underside of the facia. This could be something like 70 x 35 treated pine fixed to the flat side with 75mm batten screws then painted.

Look forward to the finished photos 

regards, Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects