Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install outdoor blinds?

DIYImpressions
Having an Impact

How to install outdoor blinds?

IMG_8999.jpg

pic2pic2

I am planning to prepare my outdoor area to be ready for an upcoming party and make it comfortable for guests to sit outside this season. The right side (when standing in front of my door facing front) is exposed to the North and usually faces wind gusts. The plan is to cover the sides, (and maybe the front 3 sections if needed) to stop the wind and place 1-2 heaters. 

Privacy is not the concern but UV is and at the same time I want to maintain the visibility. So please recommend either to go with Bristo Charcoal or Clear?

Measurements:

Right Blind

- The inner right side is 3030mm wide (excluding pole which is 90mm)

- The drop is 2170mm till the deck and 2300 till the grass

Left Blind

- The inside is 3030mm wide (excluding pole which is 90mm)

- The drop is 1950mm till the deck seat (pic 2)

1- What will be the recommended size of the blinds?

2- How do I mount the 210cm Wall Anchors. on the rendered wall?

3- Should I mount the blinds on the outside or inside of patio horizontal frame?

4- As the right side will be most exposed to sun, will the PVC clear get yellowish tint over time?

5- How do I install the blind on left sides as the patio frame finishes before the deck wooden frame. If I mount where the frame ends, blind will drop on the seat. If I install it inside the patio, the blind will drop next to the seat i.e. till the deck.

6- What is the wind rating for this blind? can it handel 60km/h wind gust?

@MitchellMc for your input plese.

Thanks,

Re: How to install outdoor blinds?

Hi @DIYImpressions,

18mm of the screw into the plug won't be adequate. These 75mm screws should be better suited to the 72mm depth.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects