Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install roof vents?

ellis
Growing in Experience

How to install roof vents?

IMG_2145.JPG

Hello All,

Up to now I've fixed most DIY jobs around the house but I've got to the stage where ladders are proving a problem as is working on the roof( I'm in my 80's) my wife is also adamant that I must stop doing this!I need to replace two Bradford roof vents which Bunnings stock. Do you know if they can also arrange installation for me?. If so problem solved.

Many Thanks, Ellis.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to install roof vents?

Hi @ellis,

Your wife sounds very sensible; getting on the roof is not something I take lightly. You're in luck, though! We do offer an installation service for roof ventilation. It's a super simple process. All you need to do is select the product you're after and speak with a helpful team member at your local store's Special Order desk. They'll take your payment and organise an installer to contact you within two business days to book an installation time that suits you.

Please let me know if you need assistance selecting your new roof ventilation or have questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @ellis 

I am around   60 and I use roof fall harness  as a backup but  as I get older that roof harness wont save me 100% from injury  i dont think as  bones get older too.   I am also trying to get all roof work finish ASAP so I never have to go up there again.  I took a tumbler off a ladder  i missed the last step going down and that knocked the stuffings out of me for 5 mins from 50 cm imagine what 2.6 plus meters would do to us.  Broken hip it would be game over.

Why risk it save your money a little longer and get installation too we  can supervise from ground.

ellis
Growing in Experience

Hello MitchellMc.

Thanks for your promt and helpful  reply.That's a relief for both my wife and myself.No more roof work.!

regards Ellis.

Hi @ellis 

Nothing wrong with getting old and its sort of nice  people stepping to help when we  ask for it eg up on your roof. If I leave my glasses at home I am stuffed I will ask some one a customer or staff to read the label on a can or some thing at bunnings etc staff will help but I try not to keep people too long.  People have gotten me a chair un asked for while i was waiting in a que ( I didnt think I looked that pooped but any how) the right response for me to them is I say thank "you very much" and have a great day and truly mean it and not see it as a weakness. Thats what DIY does to you (looking pooped) lol just a little joke there or  is it? 

That s like sharing in here where we can its very nice to get it back when we need it too.

You and your wife have earnt your later years badge of honor.  Its time we stepped in to help you. So all you younger kids  40 years plus help that person across the street if you see them working hard or older ask or step in and help. Because tomorrow its your turn.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects