Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to landscape my front yard?

john5
Growing in Experience

How to landscape my front yard?

Hi there, I've posted about my front yard before regarding drainage and lawn prep advice and got feedback which was very helpful, so back again for another query. Does anyone have any ideas about how I could landscape my yard. I just want easy and simple as it is for a rental under the house and I'm on a bit of a tight budget. I will probably put topsoil and lawn seed or rolled out grass in the centre area in front of the entrance and tiled area but can't seem to picture what should go around the sides and raised areas. I was thinking possibly decorative stones or bark spaced around the sides including raised areas with plants spaced. around.

If anyone has any other ideas for things including plants that might work I would appreciate it.  

Ta

20220216_174352_resized.jpg20220216_174640_resized.jpgTaken from sliding door tile areaTaken from sliding door tile areaTaken from concrete wallTaken from concrete wall20220216_175218_resized.jpg20220216_175507_resized.jpg

eneity
Growing in Experience

Re: Landscaping my front yard

Hi @EricL, great drawings you have there. If you don't mind me asking, what computer app did you use to draw these? Many thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @eneity,

@EricL uses the free version of Sketchup for these drawings. Super cool aren't they!

What are you planning on designing?

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
eneity
Growing in Experience

Thanks @MitchellMc - yes I have plans to do something about my tiny backyard… but just can’t find the time :unhappy: but this tool will be super handy when I get around to it. Thanks again for letting me know!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @eneity

Please post some photos and measurements of your backyard. I'll be more than happy to do a quick plan for you.

Eric

eneity
Growing in Experience

Hi @EricL, thanks for offering your help. I would really appreciate your time and help. Should I start a new discussion with my specific measurements (I feel like I’m hijacking this discussion, which is not my intention). Thanks!

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Starting a new discussion would be best @eneity. It's not about hi-jacking this thread but more about visibility for your project and questions. That way, our members can follow your backyard makeover from start to finish. 👍

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects