Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to lay tiles over cemented patio?

rohit21
Getting Established

How to lay tiles over cemented patio?

20220518_070652.jpg

1.how difficult is it to lay outdoor tiles over cemented floor (built in Mar 2022) ?

2. Can we get readymade liquid solution in bunnings to drop over cemented floor and glue tiles (I don't want to mix power, water and use machine to mix)

3. There are spots to fill and cut tiles. How tricky to use and hire cutter from bunnings? 

4. What are tools required for this small project to complete?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lay tiles over cemented patio

Hi @rohit21,

Would this be your first tiling project? If so, it would be a learning experience and, depending on your level of D.I.Y. ability, it could be quite challenging. Typically, most people would have professionals tile an area of this size unless they were quite familiar with the process. I'd encourage you to check out this helpful step-by-step guide on How to lay floor tiles. It will give you a good idea of the process, and you'll likely be able to decide whether you're comfortable completing this project. The guide also lists all the tools and materials you require.

For bulk quantity exterior floor tile adhesive, they'll generally come in powder form, which you mix in a bucket with a drill and mixer attachment. You could potentially find smaller buckets of pre-mixed cement, but the overall cost would be astronomically expensive. Once you're set up with the mixer, drill and bucket, mixing the adhesive yourself is a straightforward process.

Using the hire tile cutter is relatively easy after some practice. If you have some spare tiles, it's a great idea to have a few goes before committing to anything essential.

Please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects