Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to protect Pine chair outdoors

brendawebster44
Making a Splash

How to protect Pine chair outdoors

I have a brand New chair I bought from Bunnings. I could not do anything about it as Bunnings are closed to the public. I had some brown shoe polish I never use so I covered the whole chair in it.then I remembered I bought some Monocel exterior Clear varnish so I sprayed it all over for two days in a row. I really like the chair and don’t want it to rot any advice would be appreciated yours brenda

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to protect Pine chair outdoors

Hi @brendawebster44,

As long as the Monocel varnish doesn't degrade and you re-coat on a semi-regular basis (maybe once a year) then you should see a reasonable life from the chair outdoors. If you take a look at our outdoor furniture, you'll see the majority of it is made from hardwood. That's because it is far less susceptible to decay than softwoods.

I can't think of much else you could do right now to preserve it further than what you've already done. Perhaps @EricL might have some suggestions for us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to protect Pine chair outdoors

Thankyou Mitchell, I thought people would laugh at me but there you go. I fold it up against the wall if it’s pouring down. It’s just such a nice chair and very good quality b🌺

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects