Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to refresh tiles on my outdoor patio area?

JPupulkovski
Just Starting Out

How to refresh tiles on my outdoor patio area?

Hi 

I’m looking for advice on how we can revamp our outdoor patio area. It’s currently tiled (see photo). Looking for advice on the best way to clean these tiles so they are back to being close to perfect again (tried high pressure with a few products that don’t seem to work). Open to paint or render ideas too. 
thanks 

C4B8B100-8327-49BF-846F-A48834CC8EB9.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: outdoor patio

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JPupulkovski. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about restoring paving.

It looks like there is significant staining to the pavers, and it is unlikely that you'll get a perfect result through cleaning. I'd suggest the easiest way to achieve a desirable finish would be to coat them with paving paint. Have a look at this helpful step-by-step guide: How to paint a concrete floor. The process will be very similar to your pavers.

Make sure to remove all that organic material between the pavers with your high-pressure washer before prepping the surface for paint.

I look forward to seeing your results, and please let me know if you have further questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to refresh tiles on my outdoor patio area?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @JPupulkovski. We're pleased to have you join us and looking forward to seeing how you can refresh your patio. We trust Mitch's advice was helpful, but don't hesitate to post again if you have any follow-up questions. We're here to help.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects