Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to rejuvenate paving?

MattJames
Just Starting Out

How to rejuvenate paving?

IMG_2502.jpeg

IMG_2503.jpeg

IMG_2504.jpeg

Hi All,

Am looking at doing a little DIY Reno of our back courtyard.

Starting with a thorough rejuvenation of the paving, it’s stained from some old DIY ikea tiles which should come off fine however the grout (sand between the pavings) is breaking away as well.

was looking for some guidance on the best way to rejuvenate them.

I plan on purchasing the Ozito 1800W pressure washer to get the marks off, and use a hard sponge to do any persistent ones.

however am worried it will wash away most of the grout, if this happens what do I use to fill the gaps and should I use a paving sealer afterwards !?

Thanks in advance. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to rejuvenate paving?

Hello @MattJames 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about rejuvenating your paving.

Using the Ozito 1800W 2030PSI High Pressure Washer is an excellent way to start cleaning your pavers. If your budget has a bit of wiggle room, I propose adding the Ozito Pressure Washer Patio Cleaner. This cleaning head is designed to wash flat surfaces giving you a uniform finish all around. Plus, it makes cleaning that much faster.

In regards to the paving sand, it's natural that it will get washed away when you use the pressure washer. I recommend putting in a fresh batch of Dingo 20kg Powerloc Paving Sand. This will fill in the gaps between your pavers and prevent them from moving.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to pave a pathway (the last portion of this guide is the spreading of the paving sand and how to apply it)

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your pavers rejuvenated.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects