Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a brick fence?

Mike66
Just Starting Out

How to repair a brick fence?

IMG_7639.jpeg

IMG_7641.jpeg

hello everyone, I would like to ask a question of repair outside wall

As the pics, is it easy to repair by DIY?

If you know how to do, pls teach me.

if require the brick company to repair it, how much money it would be?

thank you everyone.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair a brick wall?

Hello @Mike66 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's fabulous to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about repairing your damaged brick wall.

Looking at the picture you posted, it appears that something hit the upper corner of the brick assembly and has tilted it over. If you are after a quick repair, I propose lifting the broken corner as a whole and removing any bits and pieces that are floating in the crack of the wall. I then suggest applying Selleys 415g Liquid Nails Landscape Stone Concrete Adhesive to the crack and repositioning the corner piece as best as you can.

But if you are after a total rebuild, I suggest getting some bricks from the store along with Dingo 10kg Mortar Mix. The general steps to repair the wall are to remove the broken brick pieces and old mortar attached. You'll need a hammer and a chisel to take those parts off. Once the broken parts have been removed, you'll need to mix the mortar and apply it on the brick and res-assemble it.

However, if you are thinking about re-using the broken corner piece, there is the possibility that while taking it apart the bricks will get damaged. 

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to build a brick wall    

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects