Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a glass table?

Norman1
Getting Established

How to repair a glass table?

9B1E8B3F-D1A1-430A-AE92-5F42BBAAD974.jpeg

Hi I’m wanting advice as to how to fix this table - as you can see paint (?) has shed - how do I best get rid of old and repaint? What products do I need?

thanks 

BB379205-A396-45D6-A5E4-73D8414DCF1F.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to repair a glass table?

Hello @Norman1,

Thanks for your question on repairing a glass table. Our resident D.I.Y. expert @EricL would be happy to assist you with this once he's back on the site later today. 

Many thanks for your patience,

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair a glass table?

Hello @Norman1

My apologies for the late reply. To remove the old paint on the glass surface, I suggest using a Paint Partner Yellow Window Scraper With Protector or similar. I recommend carefully scraping the paint off and not applying a great amount of force. If the scrapper is used with too much force, its corners could dig into the glass and cause it to leave a mark. Your goal is to move conservatively in order to remove the paint without damaging the glass.

Generally, paint on timber surfaces can be sanded or chemically removed, however, using these methods could damage the surface finish of the glass. If you're planning on repainting the surface of the glass, I suggest using either Dulux 1L PRECISION Maximum Strength Adhesion Primer White or Flood 500ml ESP Easy Surface Paint Preparation. Once you've primed the surface of the glass you're free to paint it with whatever colour you like.

Generally, you'll need disposable gloves, a paint roller kit, clean rags and a safe space where you can leave the glass panel while it dries off.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects