Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore metal garden furniture?

Mark08
Just Starting Out

How to restore metal garden furniture?

Hi there

I have a table and two chairs that are rusting out but some paint still remains.

i would like to restore this setting as it was a gift from my now deceased in-laws.

kind regards

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to restore metal garden furniture

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Mark08. It's fantastic to have you join us and many thanks for your question.

The key to successfully restoring the setting is in the preparation of the surface prior to painting. The more time you spend removing the loose and flaking paint the better the topcoats will adhere.

Here's an easy to follow step-by-step D.I.Y video on How to paint metal which I trust you'll find useful in your restoration project. The techniques used in the video will be the same as restoring your furniture.

We look forward to seeing your project and would encourage you to share some images with the community as I trust many members have similar furniture in their own backyards.

Please let me know if you need further information or had any question on the process.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to restore metal garden furniture

thank you Mitchell

i will post some photos as the project progresses

Mark

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects