Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore outdoor cane furniture?

stellapash
Just Starting Out

How to restore outdoor cane furniture?

5BF8986D-1872-4589-B13E-5D28D338153D.jpeg

Needing some advice on how to restore these please! I’m unsure what the material used is but would love your tips and insights on giving these a bit of life. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to restore outdoor cane furniture?

Hello @stellapash

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your question about how to restore outdoor cane furniture.

Restoring and upcycling cane furniture is a wonderful way of giving it a second life. I recommend having a look at this discussion - How to paint cane furniture. In it, you will see that I've made suggestions on what tool and paint to use on cane furniture. However, if you find that using the Ozito 200W Detail Sander is too rough for the state of your cane furniture. I suggest sanding it by hand using the Flexovit 100mm x 1m 240 Grit Painted Surface Sandpaper Roll.

Keep the cane furniture out of the sun while you're sanding it. Once you've finished sanding all that is left to do is to choose a paint colour. Did the cane furniture come with any cushions? If it did, will you be giving them new covers? This sounds like a fantastic project. any updates you can provide while renovating the cane furniture would be much appreciated.

If you need further advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects