Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to resurface Pebblecrete driveway?

mfaizi
Finding My Feet

How to resurface Pebblecrete driveway?

Hello again,

Wanting to DIY my pebblecrete driveway and it seems that Megatreat is up for sale :surprised: from the owner. From a basic search it seems like the only options are to hire a service who can spray on concrete to resurface.

Wondering whether is a weather durable material similar to levelling compound used prior to floorboard/tile installation suitable for outdoor/driveway use (to factor in the weight of cars etc.) which can eventually be painted and sealed to have a similar effect?

And help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advancemain.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to resurface Pebblecrete driveway?

Hi @mfaizi 

Seriously best  bet is hire a  stand up concrete grinder machine and in no time that pebble crete will be flat and smooth and look like flat concrete so at that  point  you can seal it  if you like the  raw concrte look  see  Nu Tech  is top quaility membrains that will last.

https://nutechpaint.com.au/products/concrete/sealers/agreseal/

Or pave coat it   https://nutechpaint.com.au/products/concrete/pavecoat-concrete-paint/

They have  other  driveway solotuins too,  :smile:

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to resurface Pebblecrete driveway?

Hi @mfaizi,

I like @Jewelleryrescue's idea of grinding the surface, which is the industry standard for removing Pebblecrete. I am unaware of any products that can coat directly over Pebblecrete. We hire smaller floor grinders, but for that sized area, you'd be looking at something larger or employing the services of a professional to complete the job.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects