Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to retile front entrance?

Deb17
Just Starting Out

How to retile front entrance?

20240401_105031.jpg

Hi  I have just started to remove tikes from my front verandah which leads into the small entrance area with the sand tiles. I had planned to remove and replace but am concerned of the condition of the floor under the tiles  should I continue to remove them and if so will I need to completely resurface or do I just tile over the top? Any advice would be appreciated 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to retile front entrance?

Hello @Deb17 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about tiling your front entrance.

Due to the rough exterior surface, I recommend applying Dingo 20kg Self-Levelling Cement or similar. This will provide a flat surface for you to tile on. As it is now tiling over it is not ideal and you will find it difficult to get a level finish on your tiles.

My best advice is to make sure to give the self-levelling cement enough time to cure properly before you tile over it. Tiling too early may result in moisture being trapped inside the cement which will cause the tiles to fail. Please note that it might be necessary to build formwork to prevent the cement from spilling over outside the tiling area.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects