Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive lawn?

Harbhajan
Finding My Feet

How to revive lawn?

how i can fix this lawn ? please explain process and type of seeds thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to revive lawn?

Hello @Harbhajan 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your lawn.

It is difficult to tell if any of your lawn has survived, it appears that it has been overrun with weeds. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the entire lawn? This will give us a better idea of its state. We can then make recommendations on how to proceed.

However, if you've decided that you wish to start fresh, I recommend mechanically removing all the weeds on your garden or you can use a herbicide such as Roundup 5L Fast Ready To Use Pump N Go Weedkiller

Here are some handy step-by-step guides: 

Please remember to wear personal protection such as appropriate clothing, gloves, goggles and a proper mask when using Roundup. Please make sure to follow all the safety precautions printed on the back of the bottle. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

IMG_9138.jpeg

IMG_9137.jpeg

image.jpg

   

IMG_9139.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Harbhajan 

Thank you for posting those extra photos of your lawn. I suggest giving your lawn a chance to recover first. I propose aerating the entire area with your choice of aerating tools. Next, I recommend using Seasol 2 x 2L Ready To Use Lawn Fertiliser - Twin Pack.

This product offers a range of benefits for plants. It not only promotes growth and enhances colour but also strengthens root systems, helping plants withstand stressors like heat, drought, frost, and traffic. Moreover, it fosters a healthy environment for plants by stimulating beneficial soil microbes.

Once your lawn recovers, then you can start treating the weeds. For the moment, I suggest removing the large weeds by hand. 

Here are some handy step-by-step guides: 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

thank you for your time and help. it was great help and good guidance. 

Best month for lawn overseed in Coffs Harbour NSW?

i am trying to recover my lawn as its patchy at the moment. I have done much research but still need to clarify couple of things.

firstly; what would be best month in coffs harbour, nsw for overseed.

what should i do different for recovering grass under my big mango tree.

Re: Best month for lawn overseed in Coffs Harbour NSW?

Hi @Harbhajan,

Early Spring is typically one of the better times to sow grass seeds, as the mild temperatures enable the grass to establish before summer. Summer is too hot, as the sprouted seed can easily be scorched, and cooler temperatures in winter can lead to seed dormancy.

Your mango tree could be overshadowing the lawn and preventing it from flourishing. You might like to consider planting grass that is more suitable for those conditions, such as Scotts Lawn Builder 1.3kg Seed & Feed Sun & Shade Lawn Seed, which is a blend of grass seeds that tolerate varying conditions, including partial shade.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects