Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to revive the patio and side access?

mukeshkaura1
Finding My Feet

How to revive the patio and side access?

Hello everyone, hope you all are doing great! I am looking to find an optimum way to revive our patio concrete flooring and the side access. I did clean it last year with a pressure washer and it is back (and not in a great looking way)! Is there a way to paint it to get some glory back? Are there any links of the similar projects with steps and equipment required? Is it too big for a beginner DIYer! Thanks so much for any inputs or advice that anyone can share (pics below) PatioPatioSide accessSide accessPatio grimePatio grime

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is there a way to revive the patio and side access?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mukeshkaura1. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cleaning and coating concrete.

Pressure spraying and washing concrete needs to be done yearly to keep it looking its best, especially in moist environments like down the side of a house. If you were to clean the concrete again then you could apply 30 Seconds 2L Spray And Walk Away With Rapid Hose End to prevent the need for premature cleaning.

Once you've cleaned your concrete, the possibility of painting it will open up. It's a straightforward process, and there is nothing complicated about it. Be aware, though, that it doesn't prevent the need for periodic cleaning.  We have a wide range of concrete paints to select from, and here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to paint concrete floors.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks so so much Mitch - this is very helpful! 

May I please get your opinion a pressure washer too which will be best to work around home and under such scenarios? We had to buy one for a long time - but now there is a certain need for it around the house. Budget less than $500, if it get us a few accessories to get the job done (that will be awesome)

Appreciate your advice here!

Mukesh

Hi @mukeshkaura1,

I'd recommend either the Gerni 3600 1810PSI 1500W High Pressure Washer or the Ryobi 1800W 2030PSI Pressure Washer. The Ryobi is a little more powerful than the Gerni and comes with an addition couple of surface cleaning brushes which are great for windows or cars. They both come with a longer hose than the more budget-friendly models, which is a huge plus for maneuverability and safety as the motor can be kept well out of the wet area. They also include surface cleaning heads, which are great for large, flat areas like your concrete.

Here's a helpful guide: What you need to know about pressure washers.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects