Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to run 1.2" copper pipe through soffit?

K-Tower
Finding My Feet

How to run 1.2" copper pipe through soffit?

Hi there. I'm installing an outdoor shower and plan to run pex pipe across our roof space (plumber will be connecting pex to existing copper pipes), attach the pex pipe to some 1/2" copper pipes that will run down through the soffit and the outside wall where the shower will be installed.

I plan to drill through the soffit and secure the pipes to the wall with saddle clips, but was after some advice on how to seal the holes through the soffit?

Cheers.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to run 1.2" copper pipe through soffit

Hi @K-Tower 

Building an outdoor shower is a fantastic project, plus having a hot water line going to it is a fantastic bonus. 

If the holes in the soffit are precisely drilled to the size of the pipe, I suggest using Selleys 430g White No More Gaps Exterior Gap Filler. I don't advise drilling the holes too big as this will make it more difficult to seal off and will provide and an entry point for insects and vermin to get in.

As an additional cover, I also suggest using Kinetic 15mm Stainless Steel Cover Plate or similar. You can use it in conjunction with the Selleys gap filler.

Let me call on our experienced members @TedBear and @JoeAzza for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to run 1.2" copper pipe through soffit

That's perfect. Thanks Eric! Much appreciated.

Kynan

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects