Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal 10mm gap between outdoor tiles?

dbase92000
Getting Established

How to seal 10mm gap between outdoor tiles?

Looking for some advice on sealant. I have a gap between tiles as shown in the picture. It is outdoor area and is pool surrounding. The gap is 10mm so cement does not seem to work. Any advice on what product should i use so that no ants or water can get into?

IMG_7211.jpeg

IMG_7210.jpeg

IMG_7209.jpeg

IMG_7208.jpeg

  

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to seal 10mm gap between outdoor tiles?

Hello @dbase92000 

Thanks for sharing your question about sealing an outdoor tile gap. It appears that the grout used has finally worn away and is deteriorating. If you are planning on using a silicone sealer, I propose using Selleys 290ml Grey Storm Waterproof Gutter And Roof Sealant. It's suitable for interior or exterior use and has excellent weather/UV resistance.

I suggest removing the old remaining grout ang cleaning it up as best as you can. Make sure that all the dirt and debris have been wiped off. 

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How To Silicone Seal A Bath (the techniques used are applicable to your project)

Please remember to wear personal protection such as gloves and goggles when working on your project.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects