Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to seal the bottom of Colourbond fence?

rc1
Finding My Feet

How to seal the bottom of Colourbond fence?

There is a small gap between the bottom of my Colourbond fence and the ground which allows all the leaves from my neighbours hedge to enter my property. It’s frustrating and I would like to know how to block this gap?

Also, the ground under the fence is soil and weeds grow there. How can I stop this weed growth? Perhaps matting or small rocks?

Thanks

B234AD9D-DF7A-4DF7-90CE-48ABEB55E71E.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to seal the bottom of Colourbond fence?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @rc1. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about closing a gap on a Colorbond fence.

I'd suggest using 150 x 25mm 4.8m Plinth H4 Treated Pine Sawn Wet and screwing it to the posts at either end of the space with self-tapping screws. Alternatively, you could place timber stakes in the ground and screw the board to those. The team in-store can cut the timber down to the required length for you.

For the weed issue, I'd suggest removing 5cm of that mulch, placing down weed matting and filling over it with pebbles or mulch.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects